Am I eligible for a Qantas Money Home Loan?
If you meet the below criteria, you may be eligible for a Qantas Money Home Loan.
- Property type - You are buying or refinancing an established property i.e. it’s not off the plan or under construction. Please note that units and apartments within a high-density complex are subject to additional criteria. (See high-density definitions below or Contact Us for support.)
- Location - You are buying a home or investment property in a capital city or major regional centre. You can check if your property is eligible in the first stage of our online application.
- Deposit amount - You must have at least a 10% deposit or equity (a 25% deposit is required for loans above $2 million), as well as savings to cover fees and charges such as stamp duty. If you have less than a 20% deposit for a standard security (or 30% for a high-density security), you'll also need to pay Lenders Mortgage Insurance (LMI).
- Loan amount - You are looking to borrow a minimum of $300,000 and maximum of $3M.
- Employment - You are currently employed (or self-employed).
- For full-time and permanent part-time PAYG roles, you must have held your job for 6 months, or had 12 months of continuous service in the same industry.
- For dependent contractor PAYG roles, you must have held your job for 6 months, or had 2 years of continuous service in the same industry.
- For casual PAYG roles, you must have held your job for 12 months, or 6 months if you've had 2 years of continuous service in the same industry.
- For self-employed roles, you must have traded for 1 year under a registered ABN and meet our other self-employment criteria.
- ID - You have at least one form of government ID, such as a passport, driver licence or Medicare card.
- Country - You are an Australian citizen or permanent resident who lives in Australia.
- Refinancing - You are listed on the current property title. If two people are noted as owners on the title, you must both be applicants for the new loan. We can’t consider loans involving guarantors.
- QFF Membership - You are or intend to become a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program.
- Already a member? Have your Qantas Frequent Flyer membership number (and log-in details) ready to add during the application.
- Not a member? Join free here.
If you fit these criteria, you could be eligible for a Qantas Money Home Loan and can apply now.
Types of loans that aren't eligible
We are not able to provide a home loan if you need the following:
- a construction home loan;
- a loan for land, properties purchased off the plan, or apartments under 50m²;
- a guarantor loan;
- split loans (where you need a mix of product or interest rate types);
- if there are more than two applicants on the loan;
- if the applicant is a trust or company;
- debt consolidation; (however you may be able to use the equity in your home to pay off other debts by refinancing - find out more here);
- bridging loans; or
What is considered 'high-density'?
High-density is defined as 'complexes with more than 50 units/apartments, or is more than 5 storeys (excluding car parking)'. Please note there is additional information that we’ll need to review before we can confirm if your property is eligible.
If you want to confirm if your property meets the requirements, you can contact us, or you can enter the address on the first page of the application. Our system may not always be able to identify a high-density property straight away, but we will try to give you as much information as possible.