Travel money transfers
Transfer your money between currencies online, move money into your Australian bank account, or instantly send funds to other Qantas Frequent Flyer members (provided they've activated their Qantas Travel Money card).
- Select which currency you want to use.
- Enter how much you’d like to transfer.
- Choose which currency you’d like to transfer the funds into.
Before you confirm your transfer, we’ll show the currency exchange rate and how much of the new currency you’ll receive, so you'll always know your locked-in exchange rate.
Card to card transfers
Want to do an instant transfer to another Qantas Frequent Flyer member who has activated their Qantas Travel Money card? Log in to your Qantas Money account and select ‘Card to Card transfer'.
You can withdraw money from your Qantas Travel Money account to your personal Australian bank account at any time. We do not charge fees for these withdrawals, and you can withdraw as many currencies as you like.
Travel money transfer tips
Moving funds / ATM Withdrawals
You can cash out or move any leftover currencies from your Qantas Travel Money card. Choose 'credit' when withdrawing at ATMs or using your card at shops.
Avoid using your Qantas Travel Money card as a security deposit for hotel bookings or car rentals. It can take up to 30 days for merchants to remove the pre-authorisation which means you won't have access to funds immediately. Use a suitable credit card for security deposit payments.
See how it works. It’s easy.
- Get your card
Use Travel Money
- Use your card at ATMs or anywhere Mastercard is accepted2
- Transfer money between currencies
- Cash out leftover funds to your Australian bank account
- Transfer funds to other Qantas Travel Money cardholders
Manage your account
- Lock and unlock your card
- View your card PIN
- Set your default currency
Learn more about travel money transfer
There is a transfer limit of AU$3,000 or equivalent in any 24-hour period. This is the maximum amount you can transfer using the card-to-card feature either via the website or mobile app.
There are three ways to transfer money using your Qantas Travel Money Card:
- Currency transfers – you can move money between any of the 11 supported currencies using the Qantas Money app or website.
- Card-to-card transfers – you can transfer to another Qantas Frequent Flyer member who has activated their Qantas Travel Money Card.
- Cash out – You can cash out funds from your Qantas Travel Money Card to your personal Australian bank account. There are no fees or charges, and you can cash out as many currencies as you want.
It depends on how you’re spending your money. There’s no limit to what you can purchase over the counter using the debit card functionality however, there are limits to how much you can withdraw from an ATM or get back as cash over the counter. These limits are:
- AU$3,000 or equivalent in foreign currency from an ATM in any 24-hour period
- AU$350 or equivalent in foreign currency in cash over the counter*
*Some financial institutions may set their own withdrawal limits which may be lower.
You can use your card for online purchases when you’re overseas or at home, just as you would a debit card. You are able to load and spend the currency of your favourite international retailers, plus, you’ll avoid international conversion fees.
Connect your accounts from other financial institutions and see them all in one place.
Earn Qantas Points
Earn 1.5 Qantas Points for every AU$1 spent in foreign currency on eligible purchases while you are overseas.1
View spend by category to analyse expenditure.
Link any Mastercard and activate offers to receive bonus Qantas Points at your favourite stores.