1) Information on how to enter forms part of the terms and conditions of entry. Entry into the promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions. Headings in this document are included for ease of reference, and do not affect interpretation in any way.
2) The promoter is Qantas Airways Limited (ABN 16 009 661 901) of 10 Bourke Road, Mascot, NSW 2020 (Telephone: 13 11 31) (Promoter).
3) All references to time in this document are a reference to the local time in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia on the date stated. The promotion commences at 12:01am on Wednesday 7 November 2018 and closes at 11:59pm on Thursday 20 December 2018 (Promotion Period).
4) Entry into the promotion is open only to Australian residents who are Qantas Frequent Flyer members 18 years of age or older, who have activated the Qantas Travel Money facility on their Qantas Card as set out in Clause 5 and have loaded a minimum of AU$100 equivalent in foreign currency onto the Qantas Travel Money facility (Eligible Entrants), excluding directors, management, employees and their immediate families of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate and registered travel companions of employees of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate.
5) Qantas Travel Money is a prepaid Mastercard® payment facility built into the back of the Qantas Frequent Flyer Membership Card. To be eligible to receive the Qantas Card with the option of Qantas Travel Money you must be an Australian resident Qantas Frequent Flyer member 16 years of age or older. Before you can use Qantas Travel Money you must activate the facility on your Qantas Card. Apply to activate your facility by visiting www.qantastravelmoney.com/activate. Heritage Bank Limited (AFSL 240984) (the Issuer) issues Qantas Travel Money under arrangements between it, Qantas Airways Limited (AFS representative number 261363) and Mastercard Prepaid Management Services Australia Pty Ltd (AFSL 386837) (a Mastercard business). Mastercard Prepaid Management Services Australia Pty Ltd distributes Qantas Travel Money (together with Qantas which is an authorised representative of Mastercard Prepaid Management Services Australia Pty Ltd for the purposes of providing general financial product advice with respect to Qantas Travel Money). Mastercard Prepaid Management Services Australia Pty Ltd can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org. Mastercard Prepaid Management Services Australia Pty Ltd and Qantas earn foreign exchange revenue from Qantas Travel Money transactions. Mastercard Prepaid Management Services Australia Pty Ltd receives a processing fee from domestic Qantas Travel Money "point of sale" transactions. Qantas receives revenue generated by Qantas Travel Money transactions based on interchange fees paid to the Issuer, deposits held by the Issuer, cardholder fee and certain rebates and incentives from Mastercard Asia Pacific Pty Ltd. This promotion has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs and you should consider the appropriateness of the Qantas Travel Money facility having regard to those matters. A Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) in respect of Qantas Travel Money is available via www.qantastravelmoney.com. A person should obtain and consider the PDS before making any decisions about whether to acquire or continue to hold the prepaid facility. Mastercard is a registered trademark, and the circles design is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated.
6) Eligible Entrants will get one entry into the competition when, during the Promotion Period, they:
a) register for the competition by one of the following methods: (i) online by submitting their details at www.qantastravelmoney.com/competition; or (ii) by clicking on the ‘Register now’ link contained in an email sent to Qantas Frequent Flyer members promoting the competition and following the instructions; and
b) successfully load a minimum of AU$100 equivalent in foreign currency onto the Qantas Travel Money facility between 7 November and 20 December 2018.
7) Eligible Entrants will automatically receive entry into the draw for every AU$100 equivalent in foreign currency that is loaded.
8) The Promoter is not responsible for any lost, late or misdirected entries.
9) The time of entry will be deemed to be the time the entry is received by the Promoter.
10) The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Entrants (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
11) The draw will take place at 2:00pm on Tuesday 8 January 2019 at MDSA, Level 2, 40 Yeo Street, Neutral Bay, NSW 2089. The draw will be conducted by MDSA (Drawer).
12) The result of the draw is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
13) There will be 1 x major prize of 500,000 Qantas Points valued at a maximum $15,186.34, and 10 x runner up prizes of 50,000 Qantas Points each valued at a maximum $1,518.63. The points will be credited to the winner’s Qantas Frequent Flyer account within four weeks of the draw date.
14) The maximum total prize pool value is AU$30,372.67, based on the Qantas Frequent Flyer redemption of 60,000 Qantas Points for a one way Economy Classic Flight Reward from Sydney to London (Heathrow) plus AU$276.64 in applicable taxes, fees and carrier charges, accurate as at 1 October 2018. The dollar fare for an equivalent commercial flight totals AU$2,099 including taxes fees and carrier charges. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for change in prize value between now and the ultimate date on which the prize is taken.
15) The estimate of the maximum notional value of each points prize is provided for information purposes only. The maximum notional value of each points prize will vary depending on whether and how it is redeemed by a winner through the Qantas Frequent Flyer program.
17) The redemption of each points prize is subject to the availability of rewards that may be obtained through the Qantas Frequent Flyer program.
18) The prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if the winner is unable to use the prize as stated. The prize is not exchangeable or redeemable for cash or other goods or services. The prize cannot be transferred to any other person, unless agreed to by the Promoter. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner accepts the conditions of use of the prize.
19) If the prize (or part of the prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
20) The winners will be notified by email by within 2 business days of the draw and their names will be published on www.qantastravelmoney.com/competition from Tuesday 15 January 2019 for a period of 28 days and announced in The Australian newspaper on Tuesday 15 January 2019.
21) The Promoter reserves the right to redraw in the event of an entrant being unable to satisfy these promotion terms and conditions or forfeiting or not claiming the prize. If the prize remains unclaimed at 5:00pm on Monday 8 April 2019, a second chance draw will be conducted by the Drawer on Wednesday 10 April 2019 at the same time and place as the original draw, subject to any written direction given under applicable law. The winner determined in accordance with this clause will be notified by email within 2 business days after the draw and their name will be published on www.qantastravelmoney.com/competition from Wednesday 17 April 2019 for a period of 28 days and announced in The Australian newspaper on Wednesday 17 April 2019.
22) If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions, the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations. The Promoter reserves the right (subject to any applicable law) to cancel, terminate or modify or suspend this promotion.
23) The Promoter, its related bodies corporate and their respective officers, employees, contractors and agents (Promotion Parties) will not be liable for any losses, damages, expenses, costs or personal injuries arising out of this promotion, the promotion of this promotion or the use of any prize, including but not limited to any breach of these terms and conditions, contract or tort (including negligence) and any other common law, equitable or statutory remedy (Damages) whatsoever, including but not limited to direct, indirect and consequential Damages, including Damages that cannot reasonably be considered to arise naturally and in the ordinary course of things, even if those Damages were in the contemplation of the Promotion Parties.
24) The exclusion of liability in clause 22 does not apply to limit or exclude liability:
a) for personal injury or death suffered or sustained in connection with the supply of goods or services which are supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business. To remove doubt, third party goods or services, which other than in connection with this promotion, are in the normal course of business supplied by a third party unrelated to the Promotion Parties, are not supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business; and the Promoter’s Conditions of Carriage and general booking conditions (and any exclusions contained therein) apply despite any statement to the contrary in these terms and conditions; or
b) to the extent it is not permissible at law to limit or exclude liability in the manner contemplated in that clause (in which case that liability is limited to the maximum extent allowable by law).
25) Entry details remain the property of the Promoter. The name and photograph of the winner may be used for promotional purposes by the Promoter, unless the winner otherwise notifies the Promoter at the time of accepting the prize. Entrants consent to the Promoter using personal information provided in connection with this promotion for the purposes of facilitating the conduct of the promotion and awarding any prizes (including to third parties and any applicable statutory authorities). Without limiting the foregoing, entrants’ personal information provided in connection with this promotion will be handled in accordance with the Promoter’s Privacy Statement, visit www.qantas.com/privacy to obtain a copy.
26) This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Eligible Entrants understand and agree that they are providing their information to the Promoter and not to Facebook. By entering this competition, each Eligible Entrant releases Facebook from any action or claim arising out of the competition. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this competition must be directed to the Promoter, not Facebook.
27) At all times, Eligible Entrants agree to act in accordance with the Facebook Statement of Rights and Responsibilities, which can be viewed at www.facebook.com/terms.php, and other related policies.
28) This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram. Eligible Entrants understand and agree that they are providing their information to the Promoter and not to Instagram. By entering this competition, each Eligible Entrant releases Instagram from any action or claim arising out of the competition. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this competition must be directed to the Promoter, not Instagram.
30) At all times, Eligible Entrants agree to act in accordance with the Twitter Terms of Service, which can be viewed at http://twitter.com/tos, and other related policies.
31) The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from accepting a prize. Independent financial advice should be sought.
32) Authorised under NSW Permit No. LTPS/18/29228, ACT Permit No. TP18/02118 & SA Licence No. T18/1923.